Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Finally figured it out!!!

Hello everyone,

Sorry for taking so long to post but man have I been busy!  I will try to make it a point of posting more often and talk about where I am at and what I have completed.
So I finally figured out how to move around the map and even detect collisions with mountains and oceans!!!  I have posted a video of the test movement and I will also post the assembly code.  I will be posting a simple tutorial on how to enter the assembly code using an Apple II emulator.  This is pretty cool because you can actually program on the emulator just like on the real apple computer!

The good and bad of the program is that is works BUT it is way too slow in its refresh rate.  I am working on speeding up the refresh so it is just like the game. 

Check out the videos:


The movement example shows a troll as the main character moving around the map.  incorporated Applesoft basic with assembly code to use the I, J, K and M keys to move UP, LEFT, RIGHT, and DOWN.  I also used the B key to restart the position of the troll.

I will post the code for both the Applesoft Basic and the Assembly code soon so you can enter it on an emulator and run through the program yourself!

Enjoy the video and know that we are getting close now!

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment